A Random Tip from Your Hostess

If you're at a party, and your host/hostess tells you, "Please don't touch my dog/cat/gerbil/bird, because he/she/it might bite you," please take the warning seriously. Two of my parties were marred by silly people who insisted on trying to pet my evil cat Tigger, God rest his angry little soul.

The first time it happened, I was in a tiny apartment with no extra space in which to lock the cat before the party. I made sure to warn everyone about him, but one guy just would not listen to me. He kept saying, "I want to be friends with the cat," and I kept saying, "But the cat doesn't like you!" Luckily, no one got hurt, but Tigger was in hysterics by the end of the party, because this guy pestered him the whole evening.

The second time, I was in a different apartment and had room to lock the cat away, but it was one of those old places where the doors had been painted over many, many times, so the locks wouldn't latch properly. Tigger knew that if he just kept tapping the bedroom door, he'd eventually get it to pop open, which is what happened. Again, a well-meaning but silly person kept petting him, despite my warnings against it. By the end of the evening, Tigger again was in hysterics, and when an innocent bystander happened to brush up against him, he bit her instead of the person who had been pestering him. I felt terrible about it, and my evening was pretty much ruined. Thank goodness the victim was understanding about it and didn't try to sue me or anything.

Comments

Foxy Knitter said…
HAHAHHAHAHA! I would never sue you. You don't have any assets. ;-)