Martha Stewart Should Confiscate My Cookbooks

I was a very bad hostess this weekend. Just Me came for a visit, and I didn't cook for her--not even once. I intended to, I really did. I had planned to make a potato pizza for lunch and had all the ingredients on hand. But after spending the morning cleaning the apartment, I was pretty tired. And by the time I made it over to the train station to pick her up, I was just way too hungry to fuss around peeling potatoes, waiting for them to cook, and then assembling a pizza. So I suggested picking up some Chinese food on the way home. She was OK with that, so that's what we did. I didn't even cook breakfast yesterday, and we ended up eating leftover Chinese food for lunch. I'm hanging my head in shame.

Comments

just me said…
Hold your head up high, missy! The empress chicken was great!
Foxy Knitter said…
Heh--thanks for being understanding.