Party Tonight

The wine-n-cheese party is this evening after work. All but 2 of the guests have replied. The 2 people who haven't (a married couple) are usually really good about responding, so I don't know what's going on with them. At the moment, it looks as if I'll have 6 guests, which is a good number for conversations. I think that everyone, with one exception, has met at least once before, so that helps, too. It minimizes the possiblity of awkward silences.

Anyway, I have a bottle of Jacob's Creek shiraz, some brie, a bottle of Kalamatta olives, some Carr's rosemary crackers (my favorite crackers of all time), some mixed nuts, and that wonderful peppered salami ready to go. I might pick up some bread on the way home; I haven't decided yet. Last night I straightened up a bit and vacuumed the floors to get rid of the cat-fur tumbleweeds, so the place is at least presentable. I don't usually worry about cleaning too much before a party; as long as the place doesn't look like a health hazard, I figure that most people don't really notice or care about the dust on the bookshelves.

So I just have to get through the rest of the work day without dying of boredom. And then it's party time!

Comments