Frozen Dinners

I start my new job as a corporate shill tomorrow, so I've been cooking and freezing food all weekend. I figure that starting a new job is stressful enough, and I'm not sure what my schedule will be at this point, so I want to have plenty of lunches and dinners on hand for the next week. Now I have 8 servings of various meals in the freezer, including bean and lamb stew, pasta with vegetables, chicken noodle soup, shrimp and snow pea stir fry, and some leftover biscuits and gravy. Freezing works with pretty much everything. Potatoes and rice can lose some texture and become a bit mealy after freezing and reheating, but the flavor is fine. The only real danger is that you won't stack things evenly in the freezer and a frozen tub of soup will fall out and hit your toes when you open the freezer door. But that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Comments

Foxy Knitter said…
I'm really glad I did that. I've been pretty exhausted at the end of the day (it's all so overwhelming right now), so I haven't felt like cooking. Hopefully, that will change once I get into a new routine