Busy Dizzy Tizzy

Next weekend I'm going to be traveling, so this weekend I'm going to have to pull double-duty when it comes to cooking. I want to make sure that I have plenty of meals in the freezer for the next two weeks. My new job schedule is such that I get home quite a bit later than I used to, so I'm having to be extra disciplined about cooking on the weekends, because I simply am too tired to do it during the week. So, my game plan for today and tomorrow includes making red beans and rice with Cajun sausage, a pan of eggplant parmesan, kung pao tofu, and roasted chicken with sweet potatoes and a vegetable (probably the broccoli I have in the freezer). I also volunteered to be the coffee hour host at church tomorrow, so I need to bake something for that. I could go out and buy something, but what kind of domestic goddess would I be if I did that? I'm also getting my hair cut and running other errands today, so I should probably end this here and get busy. My head is spinning....

Comments

Angie said…
Oh sweet potatoes...so many English people won't even try them ..they are delicious .Angie.
Foxy Knitter said…
I'm sad to report that the sweet taters had gone bad. So I improvised and made some couscous instead. It was good, but it wasn't sweet potatoes. *sigh*
Angie said…
Couscous is one of the most useful foods isn't it ?I've had a few disasters .It is so quick to steam and suits so many dishes.
Foxy Knitter said…
Yes, couscous is a miracle food. I don't know what I'd do without it.