Sweet Relief

It has cooled off considerably today, and the weekend is supposed to be even more tolerable, so I'm going to do some baking tomorrow. I volunteered to be the coffee-hour host at church this Sunday, so I need to make something for that, anyway. I really liked those pecan shortbreads I made for a potluck last month, so I might make those again. I also want to try a recipe for lemon squares that was printed in Leah Eskin's column in the Tribune 2 weeks ago. If I'm feeling generous, I might also make chocolate shortbread. It sounds like a lot, but people really gobble down the food after church. Repentance makes you hungry, I reckon.

I'm also going on a picnic with a friend Sunday afternoon, so I need to think of something to make for that. More details will follow....

Comments

Foxy Knitter said…
Some people don't like to open their windows because of all the dirt that gets in the house. Freaks. ;-)
just me said…
Or they have allergies . . . . :-)
Foxy Knitter said…
That's true. Forgot about the folks with allergies.
Foxy Knitter said…
Could be people with cardiopulmonary problems, too. We had to keep our house at the meat locker temperature because of my mom's problems. The least bit of heat and humidity made it hard for her to breathe.