9th Annual Nondenominational Holiday Potluck

The ANH potluck last night was a lot of fun. It went much better than last year's soiree, primarily because we didn't have awful weather to keep people away. My little apartment was stuffed to the gills. There were 20 guests, including children. One of them is still an infant, though, so he didn't take up much room. He did get a lot of attention, however, as he was passed from guest to guest, all of whom admired and cooed over him.

My guests brought some fabulous food, including a quiche, brownies, scones, macaroni and cheese (the homemade baked kind, not the stuff from the cardboard box), a veggie platter, desserts from Trader Joe's (if they ever open a TJ's in my neighborhood, my life will be complete), hummus and pita bread, breaded olive and cheese balls, and homemade applejack. I made beef braised in a red wine sauce, root vegetables (potatoes, turnips, and carrots), my mom's famous rum cake, and baked tomato risotto. Oh, I got ambitious and also made fudge, which was a big hit. I sent a lot of leftovers home, but I still ended up with a fridge full of stuff. I'm freezing as much as possible, but I have a feeling I'm going to be eating the same things for the next couple of days. That's OK, though. It'll bring back lots of pleasant memories of the party.

I feel as if I've come full circle here at Swanky Dinner Party. The anniversary of my first post is fast approaching (December 16), and the subject of that first post was last year's holiday potluck. A lot in my life has changed since that first post (mostly for the better), and I've had a lot of fun chronicling my efforts as a hostess and hope you've enjoyed reading about them.

Comments

Daibh said…
B1 loved that fudge; he kept snatching it.
Foxy Knitter said…
Smart boy! I've been nibbling the leftovers myself.