So This Is Christmas

I decided earlier this month that I was not going to rent a car and drive to my sister's place this Christmas. I've been doing it for years, and I just can't this time. I'm broke and tired and I can't take the cigarette smoke in her house. So I invited her to come up here on Christmas Eve, but she's begging off because she's "not in the mood" to celebrate this year. Ugh. Between her scrooge-like attitude and the fact that my dad and brother both forgot my birthday this year, I'm about ready to write off my entire family.

Luckily, I have a couple of really great friends, who apparently love me more than my own family does. I went to Queen B's house for Thanksgiving, and so she and her kids are going to spend tomorrow with me. First we'll have lunch and then we're going to a Christmas Eve service at a local church, complete with a children's nativity pageant and Christmas carols. For lunch, I've decided to make roasted chicken and vegetables and a wild rice pilaf with pecans. I'll also make bread or rolls. Queen B is going to bring the dessert. She's a great cook, so I know it'll be fabulous.

Hope you and yours have a great holiday!

Comments

Foxy Knitter said…
Yes, indeed! Was it Tolstoy who said that all happy families are alike but unhappy families are unhappy in different ways? Something like that... *mirthless laughter of the damned*
Daibh said…
Tolstoy said a lot of stuff. That fella had a lot to say! ;)
Daibh said…
Happy New Year, UDG! Good luck in 2007!