New Recipe

I've been trying to incorporate more fish into my diet, so last weekend I cooked a tuna steak with an apricot/ginger glaze. All I did was take a couple of tablespoons of apricot preserves, add a teaspoon of freshly grated ginger, another teaspoon of grated garlic, a little soy sauce to thin it, and some black pepper. I spread this mixture over the tuna steak and baked it at 400 degrees until it was done, ~20 minutes. It was really tasty, so I think I'm going to try this glaze on some chicken, too, and see how it turns out.

In other news, Easter is fast approaching, so I need to finalize my menu for Easter dinner. Every year, I invite a couple of friends who, like me, don't have family in the area and would otherwise be alone for the holiday. I'm leaning toward making Cornish game hens this year. It's easy but elegant, and there's no guesswork with regard to portion size. When I figure out the full menu, I'll be sure to post it. Until then, enjoy the nice weather and eat something good!

Comments

Daibh said…
Tuna, eh? Brave! The mercury makes your lips tingle, right? ;)
Foxy Knitter said…
A little merc never hurt no one. Hee, hee!