Easter Dinner Menu

As promised, here is my menu for Easter dinner:

Basil leaves stuffed with goat cheese and toasted pine nuts
Carrot and coriander soup
Roasted Cornish game hens
Wild rice pilaf
Green beans with pine nuts and shallots
Orange marmalade cake
Orange ice cream

One of my guests offered to bring some bread, so we'll have that as well. I'm going to spend this afternoon and evening cleaning so that tomorrow I can do laundry in the morning and then start cooking in the afternoon. The cake and the soup can be made ahead of time (the soup will have to be reheated, obviously), and I can probably make the custard for the ice cream tomorrow, too. Sunday I'll just have the beans, chicken, and rice to make before the guests arrive. Should be easy enough! I've made everything on this menu before except for the soup. I always like to throw in a wild card to make things interesting. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Hope you have a great holiday spent with the people you love most.

Comments

Daibh said…
Nice menu, UDG! Looks good! My stomach's growling at the prospect of it!
Foxy Knitter said…
Thanks! Everything turned out well, even the soup. I think they liked the ice cream better than the cake. When you get a better-paying job, you should reward yourself with an ice cream machine. ;-)