Random Blogging

It's strawberry season, and a friend emailed me the other day asking for strawberry recipes. He and his girlfriend go to a pick-your-own farm in Wisconsin every year and get at least 30 pounds of berries, but they don't know of anything to do with them except make pies and smoothies. So I looked around through my cookbooks and found a recipe for strawberry salsa in the Gourmet magazine cookbook. I'm going to give the recipe a try myself this weekend; if I like it, I'll post it here. In fact, I think I'm going to try it with the tilapia fillets I got from Peapod this morning.

Queen B dropped a bomb on me a week ago: she and the kids are moving to Florida next month. I'm really bummed because I've known her for almost a third of my life, and I feel as if she's a part of my family. We've been trading off hosting Thanksgiving dinner for the past several years, and it's going to be weird not to spend that holiday with her; also, she's a great party guest, and I'm going to miss her warm presence at my gatherings. I hate it when the people I love move away. Life is hard enough as it is.

What else? I may have another wine-n-cheese party in June. I haven't quite decided yet. It's been a while since I had one, and I think I'm fully recovered from Easter by now. The other thing I'm considering is organizing a picnic by the lake. Now that the danger of snow seems to have passed, it would be nice to do something outdoors for a change. We'll see....

Comments