Further Adventures with Pork Tenderloin

Cooked another tenderloin this week. As long as Peapod is putting them on sale, I'll keep buying them. This time I braised it in beer. I used salt, pepper, and ground sage to season the meat. Then I browned it in olive oil. Next I dumped in some chopped onion, garlic, and celery. Finally, I poured in a bottle of beer (Sam Adams summer ale) and let it simmer until the meat was done. I removed the meat and then let the beer boil down to a syrup, which I used as a sauce. I thought it was very good; the beer kept the meat moist and tender. As side dishes, I cooked some kale in olive oil and garlic and sliced up some tomatoes I got from the farmers' market. It was a great, easy summertime dinner.

Comments

just me said…
You are inspiring me to make a pork tenderloin! I've never done that before. But it seems easy...breezy...beautiful....
Foxy Knitter said…
HAHHAHAHAHA! You crack me up!
Daibh said…
Whoa, I think you just blew my mind, UDG! Beer AND pork tenderloin? Wow. Mmm, beer syrup...drooool. (cue me gape-mouthed, stunned -- gotta try it).

My standard tenderloin is 375 F for 30-45 min (depending on oven).

I put it in a bowl with some extra-virgin olive oil (say, a cup of oil), chopped fresh garlic cloves (to taste), pepper and salt (to taste), and rosemary -- I dredge it in that and remove it from the bowl, put it in a deep pan and cook it.

Makes droolworthy pork tenderloin, time after time.

But now I gotta try your beer tenderloin!!
Foxy Knitter said…
I'll be interested to hear whether you like it. I thought, "If beer-cooked brats are good, why wouldn't beer-cooked tenderloin be good, too?"
Daibh said…
It's brilliant! I can see them serving that at a NASA barbecue! Hahah! "Whass thiss?"
Foxy Knitter said…
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!