Blueberry Sunday & the Missing Muffin Tins

This past Sunday I noticed that a couple of bananas I had were about to go 'round the bend. So I looked through my recipes and found one for "healthy" whole wheat banana-blueberry muffins. I whipped up the batter, but when I was ready to pour it into the muffin tins, I couldn't find them.

I tore my kitchen apart looking for those stupid muffin tins but never found them. My friend Just Me suggested that perhaps I had loaned them to a friend, so I emailed everyone I know in Chicago, but so far, no one has owned up to having them. Who knows? Maybe I threw them out for some reason and never replaced them. It's a mystery. Anyway, I just made a cake with the batter, and it turned out fine. It was a little bland, though. If I make the recipe again, I'll add some cinnamon to it, just to give it a little more flavor.

Since I already had the oven on, I decided to use some dried blueberries to make scones. I used a lowfat recipe that calls for only a couple of tablespoons of butter and then uses buttermilk as a substitute for the rest of the fat. It's a decent enough recipe, even if the texture isn't quite right. Obviously, I prefer to make full-fat scones, but as many people do after all the holiday feasting, I'm trying to get back on track with healthy eating.

I guess I'll wait another week and then, if no one comes up with my muffin tins, I'll go to Target and get some new ones. They're not expensive and it's not a big deal to buy new ones, but it is kinda driving me nuts that I can't remember what happened to the old ones.

Comments