A Fine Day for Drinking Some Fine Tea

We got a couple of inches of snow last night, and it's still swirling outside my windows. It's very cold, also, so I'm not going out at all today. Instead, I'm sitting here listening to Andrew Bird and sipping tea from SenTeaMental Moods.

I met Lori, the owner of SenTeaMental moods, at the Bronzeville Community Market last summer, and tried her Chicago Passion tea. It's a blend of green and black teas with fruit flavors. I really liked it but didn't have the cash on me that day to buy any, so I went home disappointed.

Luckily, a few weeks ago, I went with some friends to a tea sampling party at Greenheart, a local store that specializes in items that are organic and fair trade. Lo and behold, Lori was the presenter at the sampling, and all of her teas were for sale. I got the Chicago Passion, of course, and the Evening Jazz, a vanilla-flavored black tea, as well.

Both teas are amazing, but I've decided that Chicago Passion will probably be better iced. I love fruity iced teas for the summer. It's pretty much all I drink during hot weather. In fact, I was practically weaned on iced tea. My mom was Southern, and she always kept a big pitcher of iced tea in the fridge, offering it to anyone who walked through our door. I do the same and I know that my friends will really enjoy the Chicago Passion this summer.

Comments