Artichoke Pizza

Yes, I'm still alive. No, I have not abandoned this blog. Not entirely, anyway. I'm still cooking and trying new things, but I often forget to take pictures to post. But not this time. Thursday night I made an artichoke and goat cheese pizza.
It's really easy. I used the Jiffy pizza dough mix (which is 49 cents per box) for the crust, but you can use your own recipe or one of those Boboli shells. Drizzle olive oil on the crust. Shred a couple of cloves of garlic and spread those on the crust with the oil. Then open a can of artichoke hearts and squeeze the water out. Tear the artichoke hearts apart and sprinkle them on the crust; they don't have to be all nice and even. Then add whatever herbs and seasonings you like. I typically use oregano, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. I would caution against salting the artichokes; canned ones are usually quite salty anyway. Next, sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the pizza, followed by some chunks of goat cheese. I used a 3-oz package and just broke it up with my hands. Then bake at 425 degrees until the cheese is melted and golden brown. It's a quick and easy dinner that doesn't cost much and tastes great. Enjoy!

Comments