Artichoke-Cherry Tomato Pizza

Yes, I like to make pizza at home. It's fast and easy and since I almost always make veggie pizzas, it's a painless way for me to add a couple of vegetable servings to my diet. There's also minimal clean-up afterward.







For this one, I put some shredded garlic and olive oil on the pizza dough. Then I took a can of artichoke hearts, drained them and squeezed out the water, and tore them into pieces. In addition to regular mozzarella, I gilded the lily and used some smoked mozzarella that I got at the 61st Street Farmers Market. Finally, I cut some cherry tomatoes in half and put those on top of the cheese. I like for the tomatoes to be on top of the cheese so they get roasted and a little dried out because it enhances their natural sweetness.

I enjoyed this pizza with a lovely cabernet sauvignon that I got from Club W. I'm not affiliated with Club W in any way, just a very satisfied customer. What I like about them is that when you sign up, they have you complete a questionnaire about your tastes and preferences, and then they recommend wines on the basis of your answers. I've been a member for a couple of years now and I've never gotten a bad recommendation from them. Except for one bottle that I thought was mediocre, but not terrible, I've really liked every wine they've ever sent me. If you love wine, you should check them out.

Comments