Shrimp Scampi Pizza

This is one of those great dishes that was born of necessity and a failure to time my grocery deliveries properly. I was down to almost nothing in the pantry and fridge, but I did have some stuff in the freezer: shredded cheese, shrimp, and mixed broccoli and cauliflower. So I decided to make a pizza with it.





I made pizza dough using the recipe in the Gourmet magazine cookbook. I've tried several pizza dough recipes, and that one is my favorite. I added some Italian herbs to the dough for extra flavor.

After rolling out the dough, I put some olive oil and a lot of garlic on it and then topped it with some thawed cut-up shrimp, cheese, and thawed broccoli and cauliflower. (Make sure to drain the water off anything you thawed so it doesn't make the dough wet.)

Then I baked it for about 10 minutes at 475. I have a pizza stone, and if you don't have one, I highly recommend that you get one. Mine cost just $15 at Target, and it makes a world of difference with pizza crust.

This pizza may have been a happy accident, but it's going into the repertoire. It was very tasty and I'll definitely make it again.

Comments