Winter Cooking

Long time, no update! I need to be more diligent about taking photos of what I cook and updating this blog. Maybe I'll make that a goal for this year. I don't like to do new year's resolutions per se but I will set some realistic goals for myself.

So back in December, I baked some bread for the church bake sale. It sold out pretty quickly, which is always gratifying.



I love to make stews in the Crock-Pot in the winter, and vegetarian chili works perfectly. I like that you don't have to take the time to brown any meat, you just dump everything in the pot, stir it, and turn it on. Three to four hours later, you have a feast fit for kings.




Have you ever tried making homemade pasta? It's easier than you think. You can mix the dough by hand or in the food processor, and you don't need a special machine to roll and cut the dough. I rolled out this dough with a rolling pin and used a pizza wheel to cut it into rectangles. Then I pinched the centers together with my fingers and used a fork to crimp the edges to make bow-tie pasta. It's not perfect but that's the charm of making something by hand.




I hope you're feasting well in 2017, my friends.

Comments