Update: Dinner

Dinner with Comic Book Guy and Vintage Girl went very well last night. They both loved the beef stew and the buttermilk biscuits. In fact, Vintage Girl, who tends to be a picky eater, said that, if she could, she'd mainline the stew. I take that as a compliment of the highest order. They brought some wonderful chocolate cupcakes for dessert and a bottle of wine--class acts, all the way.

Next up is Big D.'s birthday dinner on Thursday. I think I'll stick to the plan of having pork chops as the main course. But now I'm thinking that perhaps I'll make chocolate mousse for dessert, instead of the gingerbread waffles and ice cream. Waffles have to be made at the last minute, but mousse can be made the night before and kept in the refrigerator. I try to keep things as simple as possible, especially on a weeknight.

That's it for today. No posts tomorrow because I have the day off. Back on Wednesday.

Comments

Foxy Knitter said…
Thanks, hombre!