Party Analysis

The wine-n-cheese party sequel went very well. It was a small group (6 guests), but the conversation was excellent. Everyone brought great food, too. Big D brought this cheese from Trader Joe's that was out of this world; I think it was called Port Sault. I thought Leona was going to make herself sick eating it. Anyway, we just sat around my table eating and talking until well after 10:00. We didn't go out for dinner like we did the last time. That's OK with me--I was stuffed full of cheese, olives, and salami.

Near the end of the party, someone made a comment that we should do this more often, and I think she's right. I've been tossing around this idea for years of having a standing dinner night with friends, but maybe a standing wine-n-cheese party (say, the last Friday of every month) would be a better idea--particularly since it would involve less expense for me than a sit-down dinner.

Speaking of sit-down dinners, Easter dinner is next on the agenda. It's less than 3 weeks away, and I have 2 confirmed guests, but I still haven't worked out a menu yet. Guess I'd better get busy looking at cookbooks and menus from past parties for ideas. Yes, I keep a record of my menus. That'll be the subject of a future post.

Comments