Digression: Work

Yes, I am OTW--over the wall. I accepted a position at a new company late yesterday afternoon. I know it's gauche to talk about money, but they're offering me $6K more per year than what I'm making now, which will help a great deal. My income has been all but stagnant for almost 2 years; it certainly hasn't kept up with the rate of inflation. There will also be more opportunities to move up and to grow than at my current position. My current employer effectively slammed the door in my face and cut off all hopes of advancement by denying me a promotion last fall and giving the job to an incompetent jackass instead--and then expecting me to help him because he couldn't do the job properly himself. That was when I realized I needed to go. It took me 6 months to find something else, but now I am free at last!!!

Comments