Hillbilly Hoedown

It's my last day at my current job, and since not all the co-workers I consider to be friends could be here yesterday for my "official" farewell party (which was a sad, sad affair--as usual, the dyfunctional bosses mucked it up and made it extremely awkward for everyone), I decided to have a little soiree at my place after work tonight. I jokingly dubbed it the "Hillbilly Hoedown" because I'm going to make biscuits and gravy for the main course. If I can find some green tomatoes at the grocery store, I'm going to fry those up, too. Then we can kick back, drink some beer, and reminisce about the past 6 years. Gosh--6 years. Seems like a lifetime has passed.

I think I'm going to have another, bigger party in June, to celebrate my new job. I had originally planned to have a Kentucky Derby party this year, but the Derby is in May, and that's just too soon for me. I need to get settled at my new job (and make sure they aren't going to fire me) before I can go through the stress of planning another major party. I also need to get a couple of not-not-for-profit paychecks in my bank account. I might be able to actually provide all the food this time instead of asking people to bring things! Yeah, I could get used to this corporate lifestyle.

Comments

Foxy Knitter said…
Hoedown! Yee-haw! Yes, I am a corporate shill now. So sue me. ;-)
Foxy Knitter said…
Wow! Almost 2K. Now that I'm a corporate shill, I'm only doing this for the fantasy money. *grin*