Pizza Experiment

Last night I finally tried that new pizza recipe I had been mulling over. All I did was slice up 3 medium onions and caramelize them in a skillet, put them on an oiled pizza shell, season with salt, pepper, and basil, and put some crumbled goat cheese and mozzzarella on top. I baked it for 25 minutes or so. I like for the cheese to get fairly dark brown (not burnt, of course, but I leave it in well past the melting stage). I really liked it and will definitely make it again. The sharp flavor of the goat cheese contrasted nicely with the sweetness of the caramelized onions. I also liked biting through that layer of melted cheese and having the goat cheese ooze out from under it. Some people may not like the ooze factor, in which case I would recommend putting the goat cheese on top so it gets brown.

Comments

Foxy Knitter said…
Is that good or bad? ;-)
just me said…
Mmmmmmm. . . caramelized onions . . . .