Weekend Update

Well, I did bake a loaf of bread and make a frittata (with potatoes and onions--man, was it good), but I didn't do the pizza experiment. Instead, I tried to replicate the tofu-ginger dish they serve at Siam restaurant on 55th street in Hyde Park. My version was good, but the seasonings were off. I couldn't duplicate the flavors exactly (I wonder if they put fish sauce in theirs). I also added peas to mine, both for color and for extra fiber. As I said, it was good, but not identical to Siam's. That was the extent of my weekend cooking. I was busy running around socializing Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, so I didn't have time to do more than that.

Comments

Foxy Knitter said…
Ugh. I feel so stupid for letting that slip. I could've sworn I saw your name on the Evite guest list; I just assumed that you declined. Otherwise, I wouldn't have said anything about it. Sorry about that!