A Good Time Was Had By All

The party on Saturday was so much fun. I spent the morning cleaning and straightening up. Then I made the guacamole and the crostini, just as people were arriving. From there on out, it was very relaxed. I got a lot of compliments on the food, especially the crostini; even my notoriously picky sister liked it. I think it was a good group of people--some of the gals from my knitting group, some former co-workers, my sister, and Queen B and her kids (who came late, after everyone else left). The conversation was animated, and people were laughing, so I think I can safely say that they enjoyed themselves.

In case you're curious, here's what I served: cheese, peppered salami, rosemary crackers, guacamole & chips, pesto-tomato crostini, vegetables, fruit, mixed nuts, olives, and cookies (chocolate chip, gingersnap, and peanut butter). As always, I made way too much stuff, so I have a lot of food in the freezer now. Anybody want to come over and help me eat it?

Comments

Foxy Knitter said…
I've discovered that they freeze well, too. I had some left over and didn't want to toss them, so I froze them. They reheat better than I expected. The bread wasn't as crisp, of course, but the flavor was just fine.