Seasonal Entertaining

I used to have to forego entertaining during the summer because my apartment was too hot. But now I have central air and can entertain year-round. The only problem is that I still have to limit the amount of baking, because my place is so small that running the oven in the summer makes the air conditioner run constantly, which costs me a pretty penny in electricity charges.

In any case, I think I'm going to suggest to my knitting group that we start meeting at my place every week during the warmer weather. The lounge in the building where we usually meet isn't air-conditioned, and it's just stifling in the summer. At least in my place we'll be comfortable. Besides, I have a lot of wine left over from my new-job party, and I can't (rather, I shouldn't) drink it all by myself. I'm sure those ladies will be happy to help me get rid of it.

Comments

just me said…
I wouldn't want to live in a world with air-conditioning. God bless Mr. Carrier!
Foxy Knitter said…
I agree! Mr. Carrier is a saint. We had fun last night, despite the fact that there were only 3 of us. One woman has already moved back to Iceland, and another is moving to California later this month. I'm really bummed.
Angie said…
I thought it was hot here but I've read enough Sandra Cisneros to know how hot Chicago is ...we don't have air-conditioning yet but I have a fan the size of a car wheel on all day .It is cooler today so I can cook again in comfort.
Foxy Knitter said…
If you're close to the lake, it's not so bad here in Chicago. But the further inland you get, the nastier it is.