Random Posting

I can't believe an entire week has elapsed since my last post. Last week was busy: Monday was knitting group, Tuesday was book group, Wednesday I went to the library, Thursday I went to the farmers' market in Daley Plaza (where I got tomatoes that I used to make pasta sauce and some peaches that I used to make peach pancakes for breakfast this morning), and Friday I went to a concert in Millennium Park. Maybe I should slow down a bit this coming week.

Anyway, yesterday I went to a play with a friend, her mom, and her sister. Afterward, the mom took us out for Cuban food at Cafe LaGuardia. I got the sampler platter, because I wanted to try a little of everything. It was all very good (although I'm not terribly fond of the boiled cassava). The roast pork was amazingly tender and flavorful. I cleaned my plate. Oh, I also had a Cuban mai tai; it was really tasty, but much stronger than the ones they used to make at Trader Vic's. I was down for the count after just one.

Today I'm going to try an experiment. I have some orange juice in the fridge that I'm probably not going to drink, so I'm going to make a shrimp and broccoli stir-fry and use the OJ to make an orange-ginger sauce for it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

That's all for now! Keep cool, my friends.

Comments

Foxy Knitter said…
HAHAHHAHAHAHA! That's not too far from the truth. *whew*