Revelry Round-Up

The wine-n-cheese party went very well last night. Nine people showed up, which wasn't quite the record attendance I was hoping for, but it was a great group of people. Queen B had to bow out at the last minute because Baby Boy got sick with a double ear infection, and she had to stay at home with him. Big D couldn't come because he had to meet a friend at the Greyhound station (I hope he didn't get mugged or jacked while he was waiting for her--why do they always put the bus stations in the worst part of town?), and other people had previous commitments. Nevertheless, I had a great time.

It was a lot of fun to catch up on gossip from my previous job and to get new scoopage about people at my new job. Both groups of people got along very well. I don't think there was ever a lull in the conversation. Sometimes when worlds collide, wonderful things happen. Oh, it was all women except for the DJ's boy toy (who is very cute and sweet--I can see why she likes him). The DJ was excited to finally meet my cats, too. They behaved themselves well; I couldn't be a prouder cat mama. The last guests didn't leave until after 10:30, which I take as a sign that they were enjoying themselves.

In case you're curious, I set out peppered salami, marinated mozzarella, grapes, crackers, and olives. My guests brought wine, cheese, crackers, cookies, and olives. It was simple food, but everyone brought delicious things. As always, I have way too much left over (I'm eating some fruit and cheese for breakfast as I type this). But better too much than too little. I'd be ashamed if a guest had to go home hungry.

That's all from Swanky Dinner Party HQ. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Comments

Foxy Knitter said…
Well, that's why I specified no kids on the evite. ;-)