C Is for Cookie

One of my co-workers is an older gentleman who loves anything lemon-flavored. I brought lemon squares to work one day last summer, and he went nuts over them. So if I have time tomorrow afternoon, I'm going to bake some golden raisin cookies with lemon zest and take them to work on Monday. I might also make lemon teacakes. Both of those recipes are from A Year of Cookies: 52 Recipes for Everyday and Holiday Cookies to Bake and Enjoy Year-Round by Lorraine Bodger. If you can get a copy of this book, I highly recommend that you do so. Amazon.com has used copies for as little as 69 cents (I paid $2.50 for mine through Daedalus Books). I haven't made all the recipes in this book, but I've liked all that I've tried so far. My favorites are the Double-Chocolate Shortbread and Mom's Favorite Butter Cookies. If you like to bake cookies at all, even just for the holidays, you will find this book as invaluable as I do. Happy baking!

Comments

Daibh said…
Well, you know what they say: when life gives you lemons, bake lemon cookies! ;)

TB is a fiend for lemon, too, I think she's said in the past.
Foxy Knitter said…
Har har! I like lemon, too, but not as much as my co-worker does.
Daibh said…
You don't like a twist of lemon in your cocktails? ;)