A Perfect Peach, Ruined

I have no one to blame but myself. I bought some gorgeous Red Haven peaches at the farmers' market last Thursday. They were lovely--as big as baseballs. I cut one open and tried a bite. It was perfectly juicy and flavorful, with an almost floral scent. I was going to eat it plain but then thought, "I wonder what this would taste like dipped in chocolate? Chocolate works with strawberries, oranges, and bananas, so why not peaches?" I tried it and really didn't like the results. It wasn't terrible, by any means, but the dark chocolate just overwhelmed the delicate flavor of the peach. It might work with white chocolate, but definitely not the dark stuff. So, lesson learned: there's no need to gild a lily or put chocolate on a perfect peach.

Comments

Daibh said…
I bet that peach would've been better wrapped in bacon! :)
Foxy Knitter said…
That's actually not a bad idea. Hmmm.....
just me said…
I bet you could wrap it in bacon and grill it!
Foxy Knitter said…
Now you're thinking!!!