Spending Spree

Frugality is something my parents instilled in me when I was a child, so I don't take spending money lightly. However, when I found myself in Nordstrom Rack last night, surrounded by all kinds of adorable fall housewares for only a few dollars per piece, I couldn't help going a little crazy--even though my intention was only to buy some wash cloths to replace some old ones that are pretty much see-through at this point. I bought some dishtowels, a set of leaf-shaped floating candles, and the most gorgeous set of placemats and matching napkins.

The napkin is folded into a triangle on the left. The color resolution on my monitor isn't very good, but I can assure you that the mats are a lovely chocolate brown. Some women buy shoes or handbags or clothes on impulse: I buy articles for my kitchen and dining room. Sometimes you just have to splurge a little.


Comments

Daibh said…
Score! Spousette had just bought us some nice new Egyptian cotton sheets from Lands' End, and it was like "Nnnnice...." -- so much better than our old ones.