Happy hellidays?

My sister is being a scrooge again this year. She refuses to celebrate the holidays and insists on calling them "the hellidays." I understand where she's coming from, because so many tragedies have befallen our family during the months of November and December, but I still don't think that's a reason to be gloomy and doomy. So instead of driving 2 hours to her place just to watch her sitting there looking sullen, I'm staying here in Chicago for the holiday weekend and am going to a friend's house for dinner on Christmas day. I volunteered to bring these fontina, sage, and pancetta biscuits. I've made them for parties of my own, and they're always a big hit. This time I'm making them with proscuitto instead of pancetta because, for whatever reason, Peapod didn't have pancetta available this time and I just couldn't be bothered to go to a grocery store and track some down. Yeah, I'm feeling lazy.

This may be one of my last posts for the year, so let me take this opportunity to thank you for reading and to wish you a wonderful 2008, filled with food and fun.

Comments

Daibh said…
The hellidays, eh? Dwarvish folk sometimes get gloomy around the holidays. Usually tankards of ale and mead and seared haunches of roast beast are the cure. :)
Foxy Knitter said…
HAHHAHAHAHA! I'll pass along your prescription, doctor.
just me said…
Those biscuits are the best! How did they turn out with the prosciutto? I can always find prosciutto, but pancetta is more of a rarity in this neck of the woods.