SDP Lab Results: Shallot Salt

Last Saturday a friend and I were in Oak Park and stopped at the Penzey's Spices. We opened just about every jar there, sniffing all the exotic blends they sell. I'm on a budget now (since I'm being laid off soon), so I could buy just one thing. After much dithering around, I finally settled on the smallest jar of shallot salt. As the name suggests, it's salt infused with the flavor of shallots. I love this stuff! I've tried it on pork tenderloin, eggs, pasta sauce, and popcorn. It's not as harsh as garlic salt but still adds an extra dimension of flavor that you don't get with plain salt. I'm very pleased and hope to go back there and try some more of their custom spice blends--after I've found a new job, of course.

Comments

just me said…
That sounds really tasty...I love shallots.
Foxy Knitter said…
Me, too. It's really good stuff. I need to get a bigger jar of it next time.