Belated Easter Post

Easter dinner was a lot of fun. There were only 5 of us, but we had some great conversations. Instead of the traditional ham, I served a pork tenderloin. I rubbed it with pepper and garlic salt and then wrapped it in bacon and roasted it. The only thing better than pork is pork wrapped in bacon, I always say. Anyway, everyone loved it. I also made some carrots so we'd have an actual vegetable on the table. One of my guests brought macaroni and cheese, another brought corn casserole, and a third brought some wonderful bread. Without the carrots, it would have been a total carbohydrate festival. And I did make those brownies. I put Kahlua in them instead of vanilla, and I served them with whipped cream (also with Kahlua) and dusted them with cinnamon. Sometimes I need to remind myself of this lesson: simpler is (usually) better.

Comments

just me said…
But mac 'n' cheese IS a vegetable! :-) Everything sounds yummy, especially the Kahlua!