This Rain Needs to Stop Already

I don't usually comment on the weather in this blog, but this nonstop rain has seriously affected my menu for the weekend. I couldn't get out to the farmers market yesterday or today, so I have no fresh vegetables in the house at all. What will I cook with my chicken tonight? What will I cook with my wild salmon tomorrow? What??? *sigh* I do have some frozen vegetables on hand, but that's a poor substitute. I had my heart set on some fresh kale and summer squash and eggplant, not to mention tomatoes. Tomato season is short enough as it is without this crummy weather gumming up the works. I know, I know--there are far more serious problems in the universe, but it's the little things that make life enjoyable and worthwhile, and right now, the little things are just not up to par for me. Let's hope that the skies clear soon so I can get back to cooking and blogging about that, instead of the weather.

Comments

Zig and Lou said…
UDG,

Just checking in, we are getting closer to opening our doors each day. Hold on.