Economic Crisis Hits Blogger

So why haven't I posted in almost a month? Because I took on a lot of freelance work to try to pay off debts and save some money. Been busier than a centipede at a toe-counting contest. But things have calmed down a bit, and last night I had another wine and cheese party.

There were just 6 of us, but it was a good group; everyone seemed to hit it off. One funny thing happened: one of my guests brought the same cheese that I served--a Wensleydale with cranberries. At my last party, the favorite cheese was a Stilton with cranberries, but I couldn't find it this time and got the Wensleydale instead, and my guest, who was also at the last party and liked the Stilton, had the same bad luck with trying to find the Stilton. We weren't disappointed, though. This new cheese was just as good as the Stilton, if not better.

In other news, the farmers market season is winding down, which always makes me sad. I've noticed from week to week that there are fewer booths at the markets downtown. But I did manage to get some excellent apples at Daley Plaza this week, and I'm not a huge fan of apples. Anyway, I'm just going to try to enjoy what remains of the market season and look forward to the comforts of colder weather: stews, home-baked bread, and hot cocoa.

Comments

Zig and Lou said…
Hey, we have Colston Basset Stilton. Come over for a sample.

www.colstonbassettdairy.com