Nothing Cheers Me Up Like a Farmers Market

I just got back from the Daley Plaza farmers market. I love that market. It never fails to put me in a good mood. Seriously, how can you be angry or upset when you're surrounded by lovely flowers, such as this darling little bouquet I bought?



And look at the fruit! Have you ever seen such gorgeous berries and peaches?



Those berries are either going into a cobbler or sweet dumplings tonight. My mouth is watering at the thought.

Last but not least, tomato season is finally upon us. Fresh garden tomatoes are the food of the gods, in my opinion. When I was a kid, I used to eat them right out of my dad's garden as if they were apples. I ate so many that I would get blisters on my tongue from the acid. These heirloom grape tomatoes are incredibly sweet. They'll go well with the salmon I'll cook for dinner tomorrow.



Farmers market season is all too short, so I try to make the most of it while it lasts. I can't wait to see what's there next week.

Comments