I Have NOT Abandoned This Blog...

...despite all appearances to the contrary. I have been going to farmers markets and cooking and trying new restaurants, but I just haven't made the time to blog about it. In truth, I'm trying to limit my recreational time on the computer. I'm forced to sit in front of it 40 hours a week for work, and sometimes I think that's more than enough. I need to get out of the house more, exercise more, interact with real live people more, and playing around on the computer and the Internet are counteractive to those goals.

Anyway, I do have a recipe recommendation. The September issue of Everyday Food has a great recipe for low-fat banana-zucchini muffins. I did not add the ground flax seeds, primarily because I didn't feel like trying to track them down. The muffins turned out beautifully--nice and moist and very flavorful. I made a double batch and shared some with my neighbors, and they all loved them. I'm not going to reproduce the recipe here, because it is copyrighted, but I know that issue of EF is still on the newsstands, so you can pick up a copy for yourself.

I also have a few restaurant recommendations. Recently I've eaten at Chicago Curry House, which has Indian and Nepalese food. The food isn't as spicy as the southern Indian cuisine I've had before, but it's very savory.

The other place I highly recommend is Demera, an Ethiopian place. I've eat there twice, and both meals were amazing. The second meal was with Grub With Us, and was completely vegetarian. I have to say that Ethiopian vegetarian food is my favorite. Everything is so hearty that you don't miss the meat at all.

That's all for now. I can't promise I'll blog more often, but I will be back.

Comments