Let Me Tell You About My Lunch the Other Day

I didn't take a picture of this because it was sooooo good that I wolfed it down within minutes, but I wanted to share it with y'all. I cooked some soba noodles and rinse them with cold water, thawed some cooked frozen shrimp, and cut up an avocado and threw it all together in a bowl. Then I made a dressing with sesame oil and orange juice and a little rice vinegar. Oh, I threw a minced shallot in there, too, and seasoned it with salt and pepper. I tossed it all together and had an amazing noodle-shrimp-avocado salad for lunch. I fully intended for it to make 2 servings, but I ate both in one sitting. If you don't like sesame oil (or don't have any), olive oil would work, too, as would any other kind of citrus juice or vinegar. I'm actually thinking of trying this again with grapefruit juice instead of orange.

And this is a week late, but happy new year! I wish you good food and good times in 2012.

Comments