Mushroom and Wild Rice Pancakes

Two blog posts in one day! Is this a sign of the End Times? Possibly. Say a prayer just to be on the safe side.

Anyway, back in January, I mentioned that I had received The Heart of the Plate as a Christmas gift. I've made several recipes from it but have been negligent in blogging them. It's time to rectify that situation. Last night I made the mushroom and wild rice pancakes, one of several savory pancakes recipes in the book.




The author suggests serving the pancakes with guacamole, so that's what I did. It was extremely tasty, with crunch from the wild rice, umami flavor from the mushrooms, and a bit of freshness from the scallions. There's also goat cheese in them, which adds a slight tang to them. I am sure that I will make this recipe again. Katzen is really talented at putting together flavors that are harmonious but interesting.

The recipe made a LOT of pancakes, so I had leftovers for lunch today and will probably have them again tomorrow. I think I'll try them with some eggs and hot sauce to see what that's like.

Comments