What I've Been Cooking Lately

OK, we have a lot to catch up on, so let me get to it. For Thanksgiving, a good friend invited me to spend the day with her. I made biscuits and a pumpkin-cheesecake pie (the same one that won the ribbon at the South Side Pie Challenge earlier in November). She made the rest. It was nice not to have to do much cooking for a change.



Last weekend, I had my annual nondenominational holiday potluck. I have a ham for the carnivores, a vegetarian entree (this year I made chili mac and cheese, and it was a big hit, even among the meat eaters), and a dessert. I made a chocolate-sour cream pound cake and covered it with orange-infused chocolate ganache. Isn't that a gorgeous cake? It's very simple but looks amazing and tastes even better.



Finally, winter has not really started yet in Chicago, but we have had a few cold blustery days. On one of them, I made chicken-noodle soup for lunch. It was nice and comforting on a chilly day.




Hope you're enjoying this holiday season and eating lots of good food with those you love.

Comments