There Is No Family Biscuit Recipe

My family is from Kentucky on both sides, and they all love to eat biscuits, but oddly enough, there is no family biscuit recipe passed down through the generations. In fact, both my parents never made anything except biscuits from a can. I don't know whether their mothers never bothered to show them how to make biscuits or if it was something that didn't interest them. To be honest, neither of them was much of a baker, so I pretty much taught myself how to bake by using cookbooks.

Unlike my parents, I love to bake biscuits from scratch, and my current favorite biscuit recipe is from Mark Bittmann's How to Cook Everything. It's easy and yields great biscuits every time.




If you're afraid to make biscuits, I highly recommend that you try Bittmann's recipe. You'll be surprised at how easy it is.  



Comments