Peach Season: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Seriously, I love peaches. They are my favorite fruit by a very wide margin. In fact, I can't even think of what would come in a very distant second place--strawberries, maybe? But I only buy and eat peaches when they're in season. Supermarket peaches in the winter are a sad substitute for the ones you get at the farmers' market in the summer.

Last week we had a couple of days that weren't ridiculously hot and humid, so I was able to do a little baking, including this peach cobbler.



I got the recipe from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything. The topping was good--not too doughy or sweet--which is usually my complaint with fruit cobblers. I got another batch of peaches at the farmers' market this morning but I haven't decided what to do with them yet. I suppose I should eat a couple of them raw, to experience that wonderful peach flavor unadulterated. Peach season is short, so you have to take advantage of it while you can.

Comments