Peach Season Continues

In recent weeks, I've gotten some wonderful peaches at the farmers' market. I turned one batch into peach-basil popsicles.



I used 5 medium peaches, pitted, peeled, and cut into chunks. I added a little sugar, some triple sec (peach schnapps is better, but I didn't have any on hand), and about 6 large torn-up basil leaves. Then I ran it all through the blender with a little water. You want the mixture to be easy to pour into the popsicle molds. Trying to use a spatula to scrape a thick mixture into the molds is a big pain. I always taste the mixture first. If it's not sweet enough, add more sugar. If it seems too sweet, you can add a little lemon juice. Once it tastes good to you, pour it into the molds and freeze overnight. These are by far my favorite popsicle. In fact, I plan to make another batch today.

I turned another batch of peaches and some blackberries into a cobbler.




For the cobbler dough, I used a recipe from Mark Bittmann's "How to Cook Everything." However, I reduced the amount of sugar by half. I don't like for the dough to overpower the fruit. It was very tasty and I will definitely make it again.

Comments