The New Smitten Kitchen Cookbook

A friend gave me the new Deb Perelman cookbook, Smitten Kitchen Every Day, for Christmas. I'm finally getting around to trying some of the recipes.

So far, I have tried the eggs baked in polenta.



the artichoke galette.



and the carrot-chickpea salad.



I have loved every one of these recipes, especially the salad. The tahini-garlic-lemon dressing is so good that I want to make a vat of it and drown myself in it so I can die happily. Actually, that's not true, but I do plan to try that dressing on some other salads and dishes. I think it would be great on roasted cauliflower or even on a baked potato.

I've also been baking, of course. For our Mardi Gras choir rehearsal to prepare for the Ash Wednesday service, I made brownies and my flourless peanut butter cookies for the gluten-free crowd.



I also baked biscuits one night for myself, just because I wanted some comfort food.




Comments