It's Never Too Early

Can you believe that Thanksgiving is just a little over 3 weeks away? Queen B has invited me out to her house for the day. I volunteered to bring a dessert and some sort of bread. I might try these rosemary biscuits I saw in a magazine. They looked really good. As far as the dessert goes, I can't decided if I want to go the traditional route and make a pumpkin pie or do something unusual, like a chocolate cake. Whatever I choose, it has to be easily transported on the Metra train. Renting a car for Thanksgiving weekend is well night impossible. And I hate driving on the holidays anyway. There are too many people on the roads, and I'm convinced that half of them are drunk.

I also need to start thinking about my annual nondenominational holiday potluck. I originally thought of having it December 2, but that's just one week after Thanksgiving, and I fear that people might be too tired and frazzled. But I'm afraid to push it back to the 9th because that's when everyone else will be having parties. I just don't know what to do. I've got just a week or so to make up my mind because invitations will have to go out by November 4 at the latest. I just hope I don't get snowed out like I did last year. There's nothing worse for a hostess than for half the guest list to be unable to make it. I'll be watching the skies and keeping my fingers crossed.

Comments

just me said…
Yeah, I hope you don't get snowed out, too. That way I won't be "forced" to eat my party contribution (an entire pound of spiced nuts) in a weekend like last year. :-)
Foxy Knitter said…
Oh, you poor dear. ;-) Yeah, I was left with a lot of extra food, too. It was rather depressing, actually.